1.10.10

Once upon a lie 13





I was very intrigued. I couldn't wait to see a glimpse of her again , i wanted to talk to her, to feel her presence. I wanted to know what she's doing ..



Aside from making homes for turtles and learning childish skills , i wanted to know.



Her dazzling picture never seemed to leave my head , i always ended up with a silly smile on my face having 3baid throw a pillow at me,




" I don't blame you though , " He had said " i had the exact same face on lama sheft el 7ob "



He thought it'd be a good idea if i tried to make something more out of those coincidences i shared with her and it made me think , after all .. we were leaving the Shalaih the day after tomorrow




I wasn't sure if i could go through with it though ,it'd be the first girl am serious about after Kenzii ..



I was sitting alone on the porch of the shalaih when i saw her walk out of hers' , and an instant buzz went through my stomach



As soon as i left my seat she turned her head to me , the same beautiful blush decorating her lifted cheeks " hey .. " i greeted




" hey .. " her hands dipped in the pockets of her hoodie , the wind blowing through her hair




" So .. you solved the broken glass problem ? " I asked




" yes " She smiled making herself a comfortable seat on the soft sand beneath her , i hesitated as i saw her sitting there gently with her legs crossed close to her chest , i couldn't help but join her




" Why aren't you in bed? " I asked



She suddenly shrugged lifting her shoulders " couldn't sleep .. "




I nodded , knowing exactly how that feels




" I just love coming out here .. " She was saying " I love the sea breeze going through my hair , the smell of it and the feel of sand between my toes " She enhaled deeply



Boy , I was sure the sea didn't mind her being there either




I had to admit , i wasn't paying as much attention to the sea as i was staring at her. She snapped me out of it by turning her face to me , expecting me to say something



" I .. used to live in Canada so i didn't get to experience much of all this .. "




" Oh " She nodded sounding interested " How long have you been there for? "




" Almost 9 years "



" Wow that's a long time "



" Yeah , but am glad to be home again .. "



" What do you miss most of all ? " She asked her eyes twinkling as she looked at me



" My friends and family here mostly .. " I answered honestly , " i was there alone with my father "




She nodded " what about your mother? "



" She .. isn't with us .. " I told her , " She's living somewhere else " I tried to explain , not liking to go through much detail about the issue




She understood and smiled sweetly " I live with my father too , my mother passed away 3 years ago .. " she told me




" Am so sorry "



" Don't be , at least your mother is still here somewhere. Do you contact her? "




Her question took me by surprise " No. Never did and i doubt that i will "




She seemed almost hurt by my blunt answer " It was a long time ago .. she didn't want to be with us "




Her face fell , " I just don't get it .. " her voice was small




" A mother never abandons her child or family by will .. There must have been a reason "



Yeah , another rich man .. I thought but decided to leave it out




" Well you should contact her , it's never too late .. am sure she'd be glad to hear from you "



I barely knew this girl and here she was giving me advice and telling me how to handle my life. Normally i would just shake my head and tell the person to mind his own business , shutting him up by the rudest ways possible..




But i knew better when it came to talking to a lady. Besides, I had an impulse to listen to every word she had to say , and i wasn't angry with her. Not even a little bit.



I was more than glad to listen to her



" Tell me more about youself " I told her enjoying every second that passed us by




" Let's see .. " She began " am 21 and i still hadn't decided what college am gona attend. Instead i try to learn as much as possible from attending various classes and seminars held in different places "




" That's .. something .." I said with a smile , she looked like the girl who had all her life perfectly planned and decided , i was surprised when she told me that.




" See my mother always said it's not what you study , it's what you learn. You try to learn about life and it's surroundings ,from every aspect. You try to hear what each person has to say .. you try to understand and accept every persons' idea about things and broaden your mind range. That's why i never stick to anything in particular , i think i still need more time .. i want to know more .. i want to be ready for college when it starts , when i finally decide what i want to be involved in "




" Wow, you don't hear that alot. " I told her " My excuse is way worse .. "




" You don't go to college? "



" No. i did went to several but .. college and i just didn't suite .. " I told her , i found that good enough explanation for now. I didn't want her to know my bad side just yet. At least for now , i'll keep that part of me hidden until am ready to talk about it all




She nodded understanding perfectly , being polite enough not to ask more.




" What else? "



She smiled at me " Am all for saving animals but am not a hippy like most people think. But .. i laugh every time i see a fly coz i think they're dumb and the idea of mosquitoes sucking my blood terrifies me , it makes me think of vampires existence. I love the sea and all its' attachments , i started swimming at 7 and i won 2 golden medals. Which is funny because i suck at all other sports .. " She bit her lip as if she just admitted a deep dark secret that she wasn't supposed to tell to a single soul



I smiled at her. " i don't watch the news .. they just .. irritate me. They tell you everything bad that's happening around you and honestly, i don't want to know! " She suddenly lifted her hands in the air




I seriously admired her for admitting all of this in only a few seconds , the girl had a personality bigger than Mars. She was impossible to blend in with a crowd ..




She was just something .. different




" You think am weird , don't you ? " She suddenly said pouting at me , i thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world



" What?! No ! no i think .. i think you're .. just perfect "




I saw her blush and look away quickly. Even i was surprised from what came out of my mouth



I didn't mean to be like that with her. It wasn't meant as a line or a flirt .. I just felt like i had to say it. Like , everything in me agreed that it was true





" That's not fair , you didn't tell me about yourself " She suddenly looked up at me




I smiled , " There isn't much to tell really , " I began , " I lived in Canada all those years and i now am came back to my family and friends .. i never been happier " I said quickly remembering Kenzii




How happy i was with her ..



How she was everything i liked living for ..




" But you sound so sad when you mention it .. " She tilted her pretty head to take a good look at me , her features shining more beautifully than the starts above me " Do you regret leaving? "




" No no .. am actually glad i left , " I said " I just didn't want to stay anymore " I looked away at Sea trying to keep my mind from thinking about the details of my departure



" There was a girl , wasn't there? " She said it so gently , i didn't feel angry or offended at all , I felt an urge to say more




" Yeah. Yes there was " I nodded



" Well , " She shrugged not knowing what to say " it's okay .. it doesn't have to be a sad ending "




" It .. is a sad ending "



She stopped and looked at me " She passed away a couple' years ago " I explained




I could sense her face fall and her heart beat louder , she lifted her face up again trying to search for the right words




" It's okay. I know it's hard to lose a loved one. " Her voice was too beautiful to resist " I lost one too , it gets easier with time i promise. It doesn't become okay and normal .. it just gets .. better "




I looked at her with a smile on my face , but she still wasn't smiling. She was too hurt for me i could feel it




" I came here in search of a new life , a good life .. " I began saying again




" Far away from the one i had before , God knows it wasn't perfect. I just want it different this time , i want it better "




" Why what did you do , rob banks or something? " She smiled



" Something like that " I winked at her




" People just have this .. idea about me." I continued " They could sense am trouble , it's enough to scare them away even if i don't intend to "



" Well , you don't scare me 3bdelwahab "




She said that name and i felt my heart stop for a while.





My name just had a whole new meaning , a whole new sound to it



I did love every word that got out of her mouth , But THIS i wanted to hear again and again ..




I looked deeply into her eyes , not minding to be hypnotized by them over and over , until she broke it and looked at her watch " I should get going "





Don't go , I wanted to say. But it was late ..




" Alright. walk you to your Shalaih ? " I offered , knowing it sounded stupid since it was 10 steps away from mine , but i offered anyway




She blushed " Sure "




We walked in silence until we reached it , " Will i see you tomorrow? " I asked




" Am gona have an early swim .. " She gave me the most irresistible look




But before i could give her an answer , " Goodnight 3bdelwahab, I had a lovely time talking to you "




And there it is again! i was numb again



I couldn't move and no word managed to escape my mouth. She left me standing there like a fool who had cubes of ice thrown on his head

5 comments:

  1. WOOOW I can't say anything more than GOD I love your story, I love you, I love your blog, I LOVE pink ;p


    I'M IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED IT!
    loving 3abdulwahab!
    truly AH-MAZING!
    love your writing:*
    next post please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT!!!<3
    Abdulwahab <3

    next post please...;**




    http://my-prince-charming-q8.blogspot.com/
    Please get me more followers :( i will be posting a true love story in ENGLISH!
    im using the magic word ....... please :(

    ReplyDelete